Anyone that has a job opening that they wish to be posted should send an e-mail to email@example.com. The posting should include a link to the posting, the agency name, a short description of the position, a closing date and time, and if appropriate contact information for any questions about the posting.
HAYS COUNTY JOB POSTING
Strategic Analyst Supervisor
Job Number 618-TBD-041322
Department Head Sheriff
Date Open April 13, 2022
Salary Range Minimum $77,519.98-$116,279.98
Annual Application Deadline Until filled
In order to be considered for this job a completed HCSO Application form must be submitted to Hays County Sheriff’s Office
Find Hays County Employment Applications at:
• Pre-printed forms at the Hays County Sheriff’s office
• Request PDF forms from firstname.lastname@example.org via email
You may submit your application documents in any of the following ways:
• Hand-deliver to 810 S. Stagecoach Trail, San Marcos, TX 78666
• Fax: 512-392-1257
• Email: email@example.com
For more information about this job or the application process call 512-393-7788.
Education and/or Experience
• Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Criminal Justice, Social Science, or in a field of study with an emphasis on research or analysis, plus five (5) years’ experience in research, crime analysis, intelligence analysis and/or interpretation of law enforcement data, two (2) years of which were in a lead or supervisory capacity.
• Masters’ degree in the fields of study listed above may be substituted for experience up to a maximum of two (2) years.
• Certification by a professional organization in crime or intelligence analysis may substitute for one (1) year of experience
• Experience may substitute for education up to a maximum of four (4) years.
Other Qualifications, Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Prefer five years of supervisory level experience
• Prefer PHR or SPHR certification
• Valid Class C Texas Driver’s License
• Skill in handling conflict and uncertain situations.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Skill in using computers and related software applications, preferably; Excel, ESRI Arc, Access, Arc Pro, law enforcement RMS’, and NIBRS.
• Skill in data analysis and problem solving.
• Advanced skill in researching individuals or groups using law enforcement and open source intelligence resources.
• Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities.
• Ability to train others on a wide range of topics with a criminal nexus to include software applications, analysis practices, and intelligence gathering techniques.
• Ability to write clear and concise memorandums, analytical reports, and bulletins of complex research and/or investigations.
• Ability to effectively use charts, graphs, and geospatial mappings to provide information on crime series, patterns, and trends.
• Ability to testify effectively under stressful conditions.
• Ability to effectively communicate complex information to groups.
• Ability to think critically and apply ideas to real world situations.
• Ability to work independently in the absence of direct supervision while adjusting priorities and meeting deadlines.
• Ability to demonstrate various aspects of the job to less senior staff.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective communication and working relationships with personnel, city employees, committees, and taskforces.
Under general direction and with extensive latitude for initiative and independent judgment, supervise, plan, and coordinate the research, crime information, and analysis activities in support of the Hays County Sheriff’s Office.
Hays County is an EEO employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Hays County will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of background checks, including reference checks, criminal history, and driver’s license checks and driving history.
|Job Title:||CRIME ANALYST|
|Salary Growth Range (monthly):||$4001.00 to $6058.00|
|Salary Growth Range (hourly):||$23.08 to $34.95|
|Civil Service Type:||Civil Service|
Bachelor’s Degree required in Research Methodology, Statistics, GIS, Computer Science, Criminal Justice, or related field. Degree can be replaced by documented successful study in the aforementioned fields plus law enforcement experience, or any other relevant combination of education and experience. Knowledge of academically accepted methodologies for research and statistical analysis, as well as GIS mapping processes and techniques.
Garland Police Department
Link to posting: https://external-garland.icims.com/jobs/7841/crime-analyst/job
Garland HR recruiter : Tommy Brooker TBrooker@garlandtx.gov
Responsible for conducting crime analysis data from multiple sources and on various platforms by collecting and analyzing crime data and crime statistics, as well as performing detailed research to interpret crime patterns and trends within the City of Garland.
Target Hiring Range: $47,923/yr - $61,069/yr
Essential Job Functions
Minimum Education & Work Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice, Political Science, Computer Science or related field of study
3 years related experience
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Preferred Knowledge - Abilities & Skills
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Licenses & Certifications
Valid Class C Texas driver's license
Physical Tasks & Working Conditions
The incumbent works in a typical office environment; relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards.
Models Organizational Values
Results Focus/Project Management