Job Title: Principal Crime Data Analyst
Walmart is currently hiring for a Principal Crime Data Analyst to join their team in the Investigative Risk and Operational Compliance Center (IROCC) at Walmart, Inc. The Principal Crime Data Analyst (IROCC) will be a part of a cross-functional team of Data Analysts and Scientists focusing on solving business problems in the Global Security subject area.
Location: This position is located in Bentonville, AR. Learn more about the area:
- Bentonville, AR was named as #7 on Money's Best Place to Live, 2019
- Bentonville, AR was named as #10 on Southern Living Magazine’s “South’s Best” list in the “Best Cities on the Rise” category, 2022
- Click here and here to learn more about the area!
Salary: Hiring salary is competitive with the 2023 federal GS-15 base salary scale.
Benefits/Perks: Beyond competitive pay, you can receive generous incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match (6%), stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, FlexTO (flexible time off), multiple health plans, and much more.
Hiring Manager: Abigail Hall, Director of Data Analytics (email@example.com)
Click here to apply!
You’ll make an impact by…
- Preparing maps, charts and graphics indicating trends and providing analysis and explanations for these trends, as well as other correlations and indicators.
- Researching and compiling data from various sources; developing analytical techniques and data-gathering processes; assembling, analyzing, and interpreting data; identifying current and historical trends, patterns, and irregularities; developing and presenting findings and recommendations.
- Developing, designing, and administering databases and data sets; determining requirements; tracking and reporting statistics; overseeing the integration and migration of data between databases.
- Training end-users in the interpretation of analytical products, use of custom-built applications and dashboards, utilization of data collection instruments, and data management/quality control procedures.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You have five or more years of experience as a crime analyst.
- You have knowledge of principles, practices, and methods of statistical and predictive analysis, geospatial, network and data compilation, tracking, analyses, and communication.
- You have experience with ArcGIS, Power BI or Tableau, relational databases, SQL, open-source crime statistics datasets, link and network analysis software, standard office software, statistical analysis software, and presentation software.
- You have advanced research and analytical writing skills.
- You have knowledge of data collection and processing uses and capabilities, and database management techniques.
- You have the ability to manage a high volume of tasks and competing priorities under tight deadlines.
- You have experience leading team projects and mentoring junior team members.